Amy founded AnswerLab 16+ years ago to help the world’s leading brands create experiences people love. As CEO, she focuses on the company’s vision for delivering human insights while also building a thriving and inclusive work culture. AnswerLab has become the trusted insights partner for companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, American Express, and others, helping them scale their UX research capabilities across the organization.
Amy’s personal mission is to create a more inclusive, safe, and just world, and AnswerLab has recently committed $1 million to this work. As part of this commitment, Amy launched the Human-Centered Work Project, a collection of research-based insights, resources, and tools to create work experiences that work for everyone.
Led by Amy, AnswerLab has become known as an innovative workplace and has been honored with awards for its growth and company culture. For three consecutive years, the company earned a spot on Fortune’s List of Top 25 Companies to Work For. And for seven successive years, AnswerLab has been on the Inc. 500/5000 and the San Francisco Business Times Top 100 fastest growing companies.
Outside of AnswerLab, Amy is deeply involved in supporting nonprofits that advocate for women's rights, social justice, and refugees and immigrants’ defense.
Amy is frequently featured on topics of UX and human-centered design processes at conferences, events, and in publications across the country. She has been recognized as one of Fortune’s 10 Most Promising Women Entrepreneurs, one of EY’s 10 Entrepreneurial Winning Women, one of San Francisco Business Times’ Forever Influential Women Business Leaders, and one of Watermark’s Top 10 Women Who Have Made Their Mark.
Amy speaks on topics including:
- Human-centered design processes
- User experience and customer experience strategy
- Creating human-centered work experiences that work for everyone
- AnswerLab’s on-going DEI journey
- Building UX influence within your organization
- Scaling UX research teams to meet modern research needs
Recent talks and articles include:
- Growth Unscripted: AnswerLab Founder, Amy Buckner Chowdhry, 2021
Amy sits down with Carolyn to discuss how she creates an inclusive company environment in which people can thrive, founding AnswerLab, how they shifted their strategy to conduct user research remotely, AnswerLab’s commitment to inclusivity, the origins of her passion for user research. Listen to the podcast conversation
- Enhance UX Influence with Emotional Journeys, Berrycast 2020
Amy describes AnswerLab's unique culture and provides tactics for maximizing influence and tackling gender imbalance in UX leadership. Listen to the podcast interview
- Moving from face-to-face feedback to remote methods, UserTesting 2020
Amy joins UserTesting's Chief Insights Officer Janelle Estes to share advice for developing a more effective and impactful remote feedback practice. Watch the conversation
- How American Express Kept UX Research on Track with a Remote Best-in-class Backroom, an AnswerLab hosted virtual webinar, 2020
A conversation with American Express VP of Product Design & Research, and their Director of UX Research, on how their team pivoted from in-person to virtual workshops to keep product teams engaged while keeping teams safe. Replay the webinar
- Web Summit, Lisbon, Portugal, 2019
- Forrester CX SF, San Francisco, CA, 2019
- Forrester CX NYC, New York, NY, 2019
- RISE Conference, Hong Kong, 2019
- Boston UXPA Annual Conference, Boston, MA, 2019
- UXPA International Conference, Puerto Rico, 2018
- UX STRAT, Providence, RI, September 2018
- RISE Conference, Hong Kong, 2018
- The women changing the world - BBC Click, featured story
- EY's Entrepreneurial Winning Women Panel, EY Conference
How to get in touch
If you're interested in Amy speaking at your event, can contact us at info (at) answerlab.com