Hardware products should be tested with potential users early and often. UX research adds critical insights to your product development process.
Our approach to hardware UX research provides your team with hardware and human factors recommendations efficiently and iteratively throughout your product development cycle.
We help you answer critical hardware development questions, including:
- What should our wearable look like (size, shape, materials, color)?
- Will our VR headset fit on all users’ heads? How can we improve the fit?
- How can we make a great out of box experience? Improve it?
- What are the typical use cases of our product in different areas of the home?
Our hardware team has experience with a range of device types, including:
How can our hardware UX team help you?
UX Research Trusted by Leading Companies
Exploratory hardware research
In the planning phase, AnswerLab's hardware researcher specialists conduct research to identify user pain points and design opportunities before manufacturing.
Hardware UX research at this stage helps you:
- Understand the current landscape
- Discover people’s unmet needs
- Refine and prioritize features
- Gather feedback on concepts
Evaluative hardware research
Minimize expensive mistakes post-tooling that could harm a user's experience and trust with your brand and product. After manufacturing, our team applies evaluative research methods to inform future product iterations.
This type of usability testing can help you:
- Anticipate and mitigate any usability challenges
- Create a better out of the box experience (OOBE)
- Position your product the right way, to the right audiences
- Innovate and define future products